gEDA-user: Interesting board defect

FYI:

I just got a couple of new boards back from BatchPCB and found that one
of my power supplies was shorted to ground. A close inspection revealed
numerous hairline traces from the pads of some SMT capacitors which had
been placed in a surrounding ground plane. A photo is available here:

http://members.cox.net/ebrombaugh1/synth/armfpga/gnd_shorts.jpg

Looks like just a tad more clearance around those pads would have
prevented those fine traces of ground plane from forming, floating free
and shorting to the supply pad. I can probably get out the x-acto and
scrape these away but it'll be tedious.

Learn something new every day...

Eric