gEDA-user: GL pcb bugs and a question re the log/library window, gerber outline output

Hello there!

I found a few bugs in pcb, some of them are stopping me from sending
the layout to the manufacturer :(
The bugs are there in pcb 20081128 and in the GL + pcb branch. I've
filed tickets for them with minimal working examples and screenshots.

First there's a problem with polygon clearance. It is rather buggy for
large polygons with many holes in them and produces awkward results.
Screenshot attached for your convenience. Second, there is a bug in the
polygon code causing pcb to crash when zooming. I couldn't obtain a
core dump file (it always has a size of zero bytes), but I've pasted a
backtrace into the bug description.
Last but not least there's a usability bug where the mouse cursor does
not change into that little rectangle when the cursor is over a line
end so it becomes hard sometimes to pull a line end around.

The questions I have are rather simple: How do I stop the log window
and the library from opening every time I start pcb? I don't need them
90% of the time and they start to annoy me ...
Then, the gerber files contain text describing holes. I'm not sure how
the pcb pool manufacturer will cope with that, so is there an option to
turn that off?

many thanks and greetings

Denis