Re: gEDA-user: Tutorial changes

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:51:54 +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:

> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial
>
> * There is no "Analog" library under Components. Under "Basic" devices,
> we have resistor-1.sym.

I accommodated the tutorial to reflect the names displayed in the library
chooser. By the way: How can I set similar names that deviate from the
path for my local libs?

> * There is no slot definition in dual-opamp-1.sym.

The symbol contains the slot definition. However, the slot attribute is
not visible. So it is not copied to the instance in the schematics. You
can add it manually:

1) Select the instantiated symbol in the schematic.

2) Type ee to bring up the attribute editor

3) Choose "slot" from the drop down list of attribute names.

4) Type 1 in the value field

5) press the add button. The instance of the symbol immediately updates
accordingly -- No need to close the attribute editor dialog.

Following the principle of least surprise, the slot attribute should be
effective automatically, when working with the default library. However,
the slot attribute is invisible in all the slotted symbols of the default
library I checked. I'd volunteer to change the slot attribute of all
these  symbols to visible. How would this enter the distribution? My
local source was downloaded via git. How would I go ahead and communicate
the necessary changes?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211