Re: gEDA-user: pcb printing with action script

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:16:53 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Ah, action strings and scripts aren't executed when you're exporting. I
> suspect we could argue that this is a bug and discuss the ramifications
> of fixing it.

Just fixed it for my local version -- I moved the if clauses containing
"hid_actionl" and "hid_parse_actions" above the gui-exporter lines. This
makes sure, action strings and files are parsed no matter, which HID.
However, evaluating the string produced:

HID error: pcb called GUI function nogui_invalidate_lr without having a GUI available.

Grep couldn't didn't find this function anywhere else in the source.
So I am a bit clueless where this error message is triggered.
As a workaround I simply commented the corresponding CRASH line
in hidnogui.c

Now I can finally produce the prints I need without tedious GUI
interaction. The default postscript output does not work for me.
Some pcbs are larger than A4 and should be distributed on more than
one sheet. In addition, I generally need the layout with values and
with refdeses too.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211