Re: gEDA-user: Time tracking

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 07:26:12PM -0500, Darryl Gibson wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I'm curious what folks are using for time tracking and/or billing?
>
> Spreadsheets, software?

We have a custom software called "wt" (as working time). It is designed
by programmers for programmers, to minimize administration overhead. I
typically enter a single command line with only like ~10 extra
characters beyond the description of the task I am starting or
finishing. The result is very nice, with that small amount of overhead
we have really minute-resolution working time entries for most folks at
the company. Sometimes I have 15+ entries for a normal workday.

Same CLI I use for querying statistics on my team. I often process the
result with sed/grep/awk.

The other interface, designed for the managers, is a shiny web2.0 UI
accessing the same database.

Regards,

Tibor Palinkas