gEDA-user: gattrib not showing part_numbers

   I have defined a number of symbols with an embedded part # for ease of
   ordering.  An example of such a part # is
   T 700 1000 8 10 0 0 0 0 1
   part_number=PMBS3904
   This is visible on the schematic (if you turn on invisible text).
   However when I run gattrib on the schematic with this in it, I don't
   see the part number show up.  I do see my part numbers show up for
   items where I entered it as an attribute for the particular part (such
   as a capacitor).
   Does anyone know if this is a feature or bug?
   Oliver