Re: gEDA-user: Advanced grids in GTK Pcb

jpka:
> Example: http://img202.imageshack.us/i/pcbgrids.jpg/

It says "Grigs" under "Increments" in the left column, probably a
misspelling.

> I also need help in translation my work to lesstif's pcb, i'm was
> notified that more chances to see my code in main tree if i will work on
> both GTK & lesstif.

In your example above, the windows title bar says "PCB Preferences".
I think that the preferences thing is in the gtk hid only.

In the lesstif hid, there is a menu "Settings", but grids are choosen
in submenu "View"->"Grid". The menu is constructed at compile time
from src/pcb-menu.res where the grid choises are hardcoded and parsed
at program start time by resource_parse() unless a file "pcb-menu.res"
is available in ./pcb-menu.res, ~/.pcb/pcb-menu.res, ...

For me it is ok to hand edit that file. What are you working on, is
it simply a gui for setting the grid choises or something else?

What could be interesting is to have different grids for different
things, like:
. something this big snaps to 2mm raster, this medium sized object
  snaps to 1mm raster
. via's snaps to a 1mm raster, components to 2mm, signal traces 0.5mm
. this connector has imperial pitch, let it snap to 0.05" raster,
  this connector has 5mm pitch, let it snap to a 1mm raster

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148