gEDA-user: Open Collector Error Checking

   I am getting this error when I run the DRC2
   ERROR: Pin(s) with pintype 'open collector': U70:2 U70:4
       are connected by net 'unnamed_net204'
       to pin(s) with pintype 'open collector': U70:2 U70:4
   The above statement is absolutely correct, these two pins are both open
   collector, and indeed they are wire together.  But why would I want to
   outputs the concept of wiring them together?
   Oliver