Re: gEDA-user: any place that fabs custom project boxes?

On 02/17/2011 08:33 PM, yamazakir2 wrote:
> I have never done this before, but I want to fab some customized boxes
> for some pcbs I'll be making in the future. I want custom dimensions
> and custom cutouts and custom mounting posts for the pcb.

I have used the services of Vinatech Engineering Inc. to design and
manufacture the custom sheet metal enclosure for my OSDCU board:

http://www.vinatechinc.com/

It was expensive, but the result was truly of professional quality,
suitable for a shippable commercial product.  You can see pictures here:

http://ifctfvax.Harhan.ORG/OpenWAN/OSDCU/

The pictures don't show any internal mounting elements, but the drawings
they gave me are on the FTP site; you can look at them to judge the
complexity.

MS