gEDA-user: pcb plugin smartdisperse fails on load

Hi.

I'd love to use the smartdisperse plugin by Ben Jackson for my
current project (component count 1755). Compile was fine except
for one of these pointer warnings c is infamous for:

/---------------
$ gcc -I /usr/local/pcb-src/pcjc2/  -I /usr/local/pcb-src/pcjc2/src/ -I /usr/local/bin -O2 -shared smartdisperse.c -o smartdisperse.so
smartdisperse.c: In function âsmartdisperseâ:
smartdisperse.c:149: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
\----------------

Unfortunately, the plugin fails on load. If I start pcb I get this
message on stdout:
 dl_error: /home/kmk/.pcb/plugins/smartdisperse.so: undefined symbol: MyCalloc

Consequently, it stays unknown to the command line in the GUI.

I vaguely remember some talk on the list to replace memory allocation
functions. Does this happen to be a collateral damage?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx