Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA: gTAG prototype

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Stephen Williams wrote:

> awiggins@cse.unsw.edu.au said:
> > Active drivers are for inteligent TAP Controllers.
>
> This would best describe gTAG, I think. Also, by nature of USB it's
> hot-pluggable. Is that something you will be able to cope with?

	Yep, the low-level drivers can use other drivers. I am going to
develop with the parport driver (easiest) and then do a passive serial
port driver. I have a little AVR board which sits on an RS-232 serial port
and can pull its power off it, which I'm going to use as the basis for an
Active TAP and I'll write a driver for that too. USB would be just a
matter of working the USB code out and doing a similar driver. When I'm
back in sydney (April) I can through together a USB board at Uni if
someones got a design ready then and work on a driver for that too or
someone else can if they get USB hardware earlier :)

	Cheers Adam