Re: gEDA-user: gTag Status

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Winefred Washington wrote:

> Can you tell me what the PQFP, SO8s and SO14 are?

If you don't know that, I get a bit scared. That is the foot print of the
circuits I am using. What experience do you have in doing PCB layout? I
don't want to put you of by this, it's absolutely not my intention.

> I'd like to use a GPLed PCB tool. I'll try to use PCB by Harry Eaton;
> however, I do have access to Windows based PCB tools if necessary.

Of course you should use PCB. One of the aims of this projects is to use
free tools as much as possible.

> Are you using gschem? What netlist format can you supply me with?

Yes, I am using gschem. gschem can support you with netlists in almost any
format you will. gnetlist (which is the netlist generator for gschem) can
give both PCB netlist and first draft of PCB layout with all foot prints
on.

The drawback of PCB is the lack of (modern) foot prints. I haven't looked
at PCB for abt a year. It seems like gschem have raised the interest for
PCB, so maybe that's another ball right now.

Regards,
/spe
! Stefan Petersen, MSc EE         !  \
! http://www.stacken.kth.se/~spe/ !    \_________________________