Re: gEDA-user: footprint=none

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:02:07 -0500
Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@seul.org> wrote:

> >OK, I've put up a new gsch2pcb tarball:
> >
> >    http://web.wt.net/~billw/gsch2pcb/gsch2pcb-1.3.tar.gz
> >

> 	I will include this in the next release as upgrading gsch2pcb
> versions is very easy and relative risk free (I hope :).

Sure Ales, no risk :)  But really, these recent changes have not touched
the core of gsch2pcb workings.  It should be OK.

> 	Btw, I fully support the idea of footprint=none.  I also
> support footprint=unknown for those cases where the footprint isn't
> known ahead of time.  The next version (already does in CVS) of the
> Master Attribute List document includes all this information.

Actually, gsch2pcb 1.3 will internally handle footprint=unknown exactly
the same as footprint=none except only for a different wording in the
text of the warning message printed out.  But I'll check the MAL doc
to make sure my terminology will be consistent with it.

Bill