Re: gEDA-user: net A is shorted to net B

I have done that... many many times...

What I usually have done is connected the wrong via to ground or power
with a thermal.

Try selecting everything the ground net (click on something ground then
right click and pull down to Lookup Connections... making everything
ground bright light green.

Then turn off the ground layer.

Then look for vias that have the light bright green thermals. Start
disabling those vias while hitting "o" (optimize) until the short is
eliminated.

Good hunting,

Steve Meier