gEDA-user: Icarus and EDIF: IVL_LPM_CMP_EQ not supported

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist.  ]

-- Cut here --
From: "Thomas A.D. Riley" <tom.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am trying out the fpga target to look at edif netlists (not really for
FPGAs). I tried a simple test chunk of code FIRcontroller.v which
simulates OK.

when I try:

iverilog -o thingy.edif -tfpga FIRcontroller.v

I get an edif netlist but I suspect it is wrong because I also get:

fpga.tgt: IVL_LPM_CMP_EQ not supported by this target.
fpga.tgt: IVL_LPM_CMP_EQ not supported by this target.

Although the error messages don't say where the problem occurs, I
suspect it might have something to do with the following two ines

wire 		try1 = (state_en == 5'd8);
wire 		try2 = (state_en == 5'b11111);

Does any one have an explanation or a work around?

Tom Riley
Kaben Research Inc.
tel:    (613) 826 6649 xtn. 112
fax:    (613) 826 6650