gEDA-user: Two elements with same refdes in PCB

Hello

I tried to make PCB board solderable rim from 8 segments (there have to be
various cutouts that will be probably changed during design etc.) and tried
to make one symbol RIM1 in the schematic and then copy it.

When I made second copy PCB complained about RIM1-1 shorted to GND, although
RIM1-1 was listed in GND net and the new netlist was loaded in PCB.

After removing the second copy, no complaint occurent, although the first
copy had RIM1-1 connected to GND.

So I suspect PCB to not like two components with single refdes.
Is it intentional?

Can this behaviour be somehow elegantly bypassed? Currently I had to create
8 copies RIM1...RIM8 in the schematic and it looks a bit weird there ;-)

Cl<