Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 07:34:17PM +0100, Magnus Danielson wrote:
> From: Al Davis <ad62@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion
> Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:27:49 -0500
>
> > On Friday 07 January 2005 11:38 am, Daniel J Wisehart wrote:
> > > Why not use a neutral standard like XML?

Converting this to XML is very easy. You define something like this:
<XML DTD blahblahblah>
<my_hexdump_binary_tag length=4>
f78a6702
</my_hexdump_binary_tag>

And then instead of f78a6702 you can place any arbitrary file (adjusting
the length, of course).

It's like when they wanted me to write in Pascal in first grade. I knew
assembler but not pascal. So my pascal program could be:
begin

asm
[assembler code]
end

end.

This way you wouldn't have to move almost a single finger and it would
be buzzword-compliant.

It really isn't hard to make something use XML ;-)

Cl<

> > Because XML really doesn't say much.  All it really does is to
> > specify a syntax based on tags like <foo> to begin a scope
> > named foo, and </foo> to end it.  Everything meaningful is
> > specified in DTD files.

[...]