Re: gEDA-user: Mangling schematics

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 07:50:47AM -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> > I didn't have gafrc or gattrc or what is necessary set up and used gattrib
> > to mass-add some attributes.
>
> I just looked at the libgeda code.  It will close your program if you
> are missing both gafrc and gattribrc, at least in theory.
>
> Can you please describe in detail how you got gattrib to run without a
> gattricrc and gafrc?  Did you create some symlinks, or some empty
> files to fool the program into running?  Or did it just run out of the
> box without having any RC files?  And if so, please describe your
> version.

gschemrc and gnetlistrc was present. Neither gattribrc not gafrc was present.
gattribrc is 20041208.

clock@beton:~$ gattrib --version
gattrib: invalid option -- -
Usage: gattrib [OPTIONS] filename1 ... filenameN
  -q                Quiet mode
  -v                Verbose mode on

clock@beton:~$ gattrib -v
gEDA/gattrib version 20041228
gEDA/gattrib comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

BTW a --version flag would be handy.

Cl<