Re: gEDA-user: gattrib

Hey thanks!  That's the reason I wrote it!  Using gschem & gattrib
together makes managing the design of larger PC boads much easier than
just using gschem alone.  You can use it to bulk manage your
footprint, value, part no, etc attributes.

Eventually, it can become a BOM management tool, since you can put
"vendor" and "vendor_part_no" attributes on each part, for example.
First, however, I need to implement printing. . . .

Now I need to clean up some of the rough edges.  First I will make it
throw up a warning window if it finds a component without a pointer to
a symbol file.  That will prevent problems like that which you
experienced yesterday.  Later, GUI related annoyances need to be
cleaned up.

BTW: If anybody feels like hacking, please submit patches to me!
Complaints about the program architecture are also welcome, as long as
they are accompanied by patches.  :-)   For example, I would welcome
help implementing the "print" function.  (Ripping the code from
gschem & patching it into gattrib would make a good newbie project.)

Stuart