Re: gEDA-user: Gnucap on cdrom image...

On Friday 28 January 2005 02:22 am, Kenneth Long wrote:
> looks like I'm missing another dependancy..
> seeing if libedit   will work.
>
> which is "better" libtermcap or libreadline?
> libedit seems to have libreadline.
>
> Ken
>

> bash-2.05b$ ./configure
> Configuring gnucap using --prefix=/usr/local
> either libtermcap or libreadline is missing - not
> using readline
> has isnan
> has isinf
> bash-2.05b$

To have command line editing, you need both.  The configure
script checks, and found that you don't have it, and disabled
it.  Without it, it should still compile and link, but with the
editing feature disabled.

I think you tried to compile it without running configure first,
so it didn't realize that readline wasn't there.  Then you ran
configure, but then it didn't completely rebuild, leaving the
call to readline in.  Try "rm -rf O" from src.  That will force
a full rebuild.

Messages from configure are indicators of what it is doing.
When something fails in configure, it is supposed to make
adjustments so the program still builds, but possibly with a
feature missing or lower performance.