Re: gEDA-user: PCB pin hole size

> > Shold the specified diametr be the drill size or finished hole size?
>
> My fab shop says drill sized are ALWAYS finished size.  Only the fab
> shop knows how thick their plating is.

So the footprint creation guide should contain a notice that:
1) symbols submited to pcb should have diametr of finished holes
2) if fab shop requires drill sizes, it is up to user to enlarge all plated
holes by specified amount.

BTW: What sizes of holes are in use in US?
In Europe common drill bits have 0.1mm step:
0.5mm ~= 20mil
0.6mm ~= 24mil
0.7mm ~= 28mil
0.8mm ~= 32mil