Re: gEDA-user: PCB pin hole size

On Monday 31 January 2005 08:51 am, Wojciech Kazubski wrote:
> > Of course its much more than you'd want to use, but each
> > vendor will have its own prefered list.  Hence the vendor
> > resource file feature of pcb!

> This could be done by a small utility that looks into *.pcb
> file and changes all holes to the nearest greater taken from
> vendor resource file.

Actually, that should be done to the gerber file.  The *.pcb
file should adopt one convention, holes are the finished size.
Then the gerber file should be altered to the vendor
preferences.  That way the *.pdc file remains vendor
independent, and the vendor could use it when needed.

My students used pcb for a course project last spring, and
discovered this problem the hard way.