Re: gEDA-user: QLP packages?

Dan McMahill wrote:
Actually, it looks like QFN and QLP are quite similar and probably close enough. You're comparing the QLP to the wrong 20 pin QFN (welcome to the world of modern packaging). There are 4x4mm and also 5x5mm 20 pin QFN packages. One has a 0.5 mm pitch and the other has a 0.65mm pitch.

Thanks a lot for your helpful information Dan and John, I was't seeing the 4x4 vs. 5x5 difference. I had to do with a 5x5 QFN32 earlier and wrongly thouhgt that all QFN20 are 4x4 ...

check out the ~geda library, QFN20_4_EP and QFN20_5_EP for the 4x4 mm 20 pin and 5x5 mm 20 pin QFN packages.

So I'll go with a QFN20_4_EP for a 20 pin QLP 4x4 mm^2 device.

Matthias