Re: gEDA-user: lost newbie

On Saturday 07 January 2006 02:43 pm, Marc wrote:
> what about the other 21 errors
>
> Sighs geda aint very productive for me at the moment im
> seriously thinking about dumping geda and getting another pc
> to run windows.
>
> all i want to do i dump components onscreen join them up give
> it a value and run a sim

Try oregano and gnucap.  This combo is more newbie friendly than
geda, and it is still free/open-source.  GPL.

I agree that geda is not appropriate for the beginner.  I wish I
could recommend it to beginners, but there are too many little
things that experienced people can work around, that are
show-stoppers for beginners.

gnucap is more newbie friendly than spice.  It lets you play
with the circuit.  You can ask for help here, or the gnucap
help email list.  It is linked to the geda web page, or you can
go to http://www.gnucap.org.

The home page, in Spanish, for oregano is
http://arrakis.gforge.lug.fi.uba.ar/
I am not aware of one in English.

Oregano is a lightweight compared to geda in its features, but
it is easier to use and that is what you want now.

This combo is still not as mature as the commercial offerings,
but I think it will do what you want.

I understand your frustration.  Everyone goes through it.