Re: gEDA-user:

> Now that PCB and gEDA are relative to each other, why not make them
> the shortcut keys as same as possible? Like pan, delete ....

A couple of things.

First off, PCB is going through a HID conversion.  Each GUI should
support its own "style" of hotkeys (Motif, for example, has standards
for hotkey use, as does Win32) and the user should be able to
customize them anyway.

Second, PCB and gEDA aren't *that* tightly coupled.  gEDA can produce
output for other programs, and PCB can accept input from other
programs.  Some people don't use schematic capture at all, doing all
their wiring in PCB directly.

Third, consider the hot political debates about who's favorite hotkeys
should be used.  I'd rather make them editable and let the user
decide.