Re: gEDA-user: lost newbie (lm741 symbol)

Hi Marc,
your symbol is technically correct. Some points about it:
  - Attributes like numslots and footprint are usually not pin
attributes. I mean you don't add them to a pin. They are placed as
hidden text in the symbol. Currently you added them as they were
attributes of the pin number 1.
  - Some people don't like "heavy symbols": symbols with attributes like
the footprint attached. They prefer adding them after the schematic is
drawn, as they can use the symbol for other variations of the IC, for
example, a LM741 in SMD package.

Personally, I'd better like an operational amplifier's like symbol for
an operational amplifier, so I can see what it is at first glance... I
noticed you draw the symbol as shown in the National's LM741 datasheet.
In the first page of that datasheet, there is also an example of an
offset nulling circuit. I mean a symbol like that. However, every one
has his own preferences. If you like the symbol as is, it's fine.

Regards,

Carlos

El lun, 09-01-2006 a las 01:53 +0000, Marc escribiÃ:

--
Carlos Nieves Ãnega <cnieves@xxxxxxxxxx>