Re: gEDA-user: Stuart take a look

On Saturday 14 January 2006 19:08, Marc wrote:
> <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx>: host mail.cloud9.net[168.100.1.9] said: 554
> Service unavailable; Client host [81.103.87.31] blocked using
> rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> this was try number 4 today.

Looking at your headers....

You are on a cable model, with dynamic IP.  You have not
properly configured your mail system.  It is sending directly,
but you don't have a proper domain name.  Many systems are
configured to reject mail that does not come from a proper
server.

Another issue with yours is that the names don't match.  The
name you give and your IP number do not relate to each other.

Stuart's ISP is overly aggressive about this.  It rejects even
properly configured mail hosts if the IP number in certain
subnets.  It rejects mine too, unless I let Comcast sensor it
first.

You will have this problem with several of the mainstream
providers, including AOL and Juno.  The reason they do this is
spam and viruses.  Most spam and viruses come from compromised
computers on dynamic IP's.  The headers look just like yours.

My system rejects all mail from hotmail, because they can't
configure their system correctly, and the names don't match.
The idiots have their relays configured so all of their mail
looks like it came from a spambot.

The standard recommendation is that you send all mail through
your provider's relay.  In your case, this is what you should
do.  What I have (with a real domain name) is to send most mail
directly, but go through the relay to certain destinations.