Re: gEDA-user: ideal op amps in gschem

Guys -

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 07:00:16PM -0800, Steve Meier wrote:
> I once was listening to a EE Professor who was giving a lecture on the
> "Ideal" opamp. As I recall, he stated that the "Ideal" opamp should have
> a large imput impedence and infinite gain..... Which he went on to
> further define as "approximetly 400."

Putting on my "engineering theorist" hat ...

There are conceptual problems with an amplifier that has
infinite gain at finite frequencies, or even finite gain
at all frequencies.

An ideal op-amp has large, finite gain-bandwidth-product,
which I could further define as "approximately 1 GHz".
Note that this treatment does involve infinite gain at DC,
which is OK.

       - Larry   [not kidding]