gEDA-user: Silkscreen over pads

I just tried a new PCB fab (pcbexpress.com) and they processed my
boards a little differently than the shop I'd used before
(pcbfabexpress.com).  I apparently have some elements where the
silkscreen overlaps pads (for SMT footprints).  These are footprints
of my own creation, so I guess I'm not supposed to do that.  But the
old fab house did not lay the silkscreen over the pads, so it wasn't a
problem.  The new place put the silk right on top, though.  I think
the boards will still work, but I'd like to fix the problem in the
future.

Obviously, I can just fix my footprints.  But -- shouldn't PCB take
care of this for me?  I mean, even if my footprints are correct, I can
see putting some silkscreen text slightly overlapping a pad and not
noticing.  How much trouble would it be to get PCB to subtract
pins/pads from the silkscreen layer?

--
Randall