Re: gEDA-user: is tragesym still the one to use? and a script for hierarchical symbol making

[snip]
>    1. The HTML descriptions of the things in the packages seem out
>       of date, for example http://geda.seul.org/tools/utils/index.html
>       doesn't mention tragesym, but does mention gmk_sym.

Yup, please (or somebody) provide an updated page or patches.

>    2. You don't seem to be able to download the packages from here.  The
>       link under 'Where can I download the utilities?' leads to the gEDA
>       download page, the sources section of which points you back to the
>       sources page.  It seems circular.

I don't understand this.  On the sources page there is:

utils 	1.2.0.20070902 	Download 	Download 	Utilities

where you can click on the Download links to download the source package(s).
What am I missing here?

> It might be better to just do like GNU and dump all the available
> versioned
> packages in a directory and let people sort it out themselves.

Really?  Is that's better than an annotated download page like
sources.html?

-Ales