Re: gEDA-user: PCB bug?

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 09:46:09AM -0800, Dave N6NZ wrote:
> Can you please describe this bug more completely?  I want to make sure I
> didn't send off some bad gerbers. Does it mean that an SMD pad will not
> clear a polygon in the exported gerber?

From Dec 2, 2007 to Jan 3, 2008 the CVS version of PCB would not clear
pads from surface polygons on initial load.  If you reloaded (by
immediately reverting) or moved a part or any of a number of other
actions, the polygon problem would be corrected.  There is no export
issue per se:  What you see on the screen is what got exported.  If
you experienced the bug it was visible on-screen.

This was caused by a change I made on Dec 2 to fix other bugs (such as
one in the SF tracker about being unable to convert some collections
of objects to an element, and the inability to move selected items
within the board area).  The change made the code consistent with
300 other locations but broke loading, which relied on the inconsistency.
On Jan 3 I modified the board loading code to work around the problem.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>