gEDA-user: string operation on path variable in gafrc

Hi,
currently my gafrc contains many copies of the absolute path to
my local symbol library:

/------------------
(component-library "/home/kmk/lilalaser/geda/kmk-sym/analog")
(component-library "/home/kmk/lilalaser/geda/kmk-sym/digital")
[...]
\-------------------

Is there a way to build these paths by concatenating strings, so I can
put the absolute path into a variable?
Due to my lack of scheme knowledge I guessed:

/-----------------
; Allow to source symbols from the local copy of geda-symbols
(define gedasymbols "/home/kmk/lilalaser/geda/")
(component-library gedasymbols"/analog")
(component-library gedasymbols"/digital")
[...]

But gschem failed to read my mind and found no symbols.
Any hint from the scheme wizards?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak