Re: gEDA-user: one fix for building under Solaris

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 12:32:29 Dave McGuire wrote:

>    I'm working on it now.  Man this has really turned into a can of
> worms, but it's good to get it straightened out.  It seems pkg-config
> (v0.23) is trying to call "gnome-config" which I, of course, do not
> have.  This is causing pkg-config to vomit in all sorts of
> interesting ways when called from the configure script.  (I'm trying
> to rebuild gtk+ with a sane PKG_CONFIG_PATH setting)
>
>    It seems I've screwed myself by installing the latest release
> (v0.23) of pkg-config, which seems to have suffered from "hey,
> everyone runs Linux with Gnome on a PC, right?" disease.  I just
> looked at the source code; it is hard-coded to call gnome-config.
> Dumb, dumb, dumb.  The pkg-config shipped with Solaris, v0.15.0,
> performs no such foolishness.  WTF?

[peter@ptbb2a vadi]$ pkg-config --version
0.23
[peter@ptbb2a vadi]$ which gnome-config
/usr/bin/which: no gnome-config in
(/home/peter/opt/bin:/home/peter/bin:/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/lib/ccache:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin)

And I can compile gEDA just fine on this system. :) I think your problem lies
elsewhere.

                                 Peter

--
Peter Brett