Re: gEDA-user: New user to PCB - what does this error mean?

OK, this is getting WAY off topic, but:

 >Ok, I'll bite... now you've got me curious about what you're working
 >on...  ;-)
 >
 >73 - Bdale, KB0G

It's a little bit of everything really. It started off with me wanting
to play with one of the PIC processors (18F4550) to do something
useful but really to learn how to use them. Then I thought that I
really needed a frequency counter (the board I posted is the log-
amplifier and prescalar part so that I can get up to 500MHz). Then I
thought about adding a frequency source and found the AD9958 DDS
frequency synthesizer. By adding in the AD8302 IC I can get amplitude
and phase difference values from a bridge. The PIC device as a USB
port built-in and so would provide a nice controller for the whole
thing - an LCD display and a few buttons for instantaneous or other
'in the field' use, with the USB receiving commands and sending back
data for frequency-sweep analyses etc.. At night, when the thoughts
run wild,  would like to add a digital scope part as well but that
will need its own ADC and memory to get the bandwidth up to something
above a few MHz.

Underneath it all, I was looking to fill in my time after my home
circumstances changed an I found myself on my own. I returned to my
old interests of ham radio and electronics and I was wanting something
real to build, but would also be a real challenge and allow me to
learn lots of stuff on the way. I think I might have got a bit carried
away, but I'm having fun.

Cheers,

Susan VK3ANZ