Re: gEDA-user: long rectangular holes in pcb

> I'm using a pcb mounted RJ45 connector.  The component, as I'm sure everyone
> knows, has metal mounting tabs.  I was wondering how pcb companies like
> 4pcb.com handle these holes since they're not just round holes.  Are they OK
> with getting boards like this?  Has anyone used a component with mounting
> tabs?  Do you just break off or bend any mounting tabs that are not round?

I just use round holes for them.  Example:
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/footprints/connector/hfj11-2450e.fp

Companies like 4pcb can mill them if you have a separate gerber for
milled slots.  However, you have to negotiate the costs with them;
it's not included in any of the "prototype" deals.