gEDA-user: Need to fix gschem recent files!

Whilst talking about log files, I realised that I have literally
hundreds, if not thousands of "recent" files listed in gschem.

The ~/.gEDA/gschem-recent-files format is not very nice either..

<blankline>
[Recent Files]
File=......(44052 characters later, with no whitespace....) we reach EOF.

I'd propose one file line per file name, in a sorted list.

Opening a file already on the list should bring it up to the top (Looks
that might already sort of work).

We need to use canonical file-names. I've got entries with "/../" in
them. We should also cap the number of entries we keep.

I'm of the opinion, that we shouldn't keep code around to read the old
format if we change this (unless it is _really_ easy to do so). The
recent files list would be culled dramatically by the introduction of
capping, so I don't see great harm in release notes saying "Using this
release will clear any recent files list from older versions".

Do we need to add a version code to this (and possibly other) "state"
config files (like gschem-dialog-geometry), or do we assume that if they
aren't read properly, they are discarded?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,