Re: gEDA-user: pcb bug: EPS output omits pads

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:14:04 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> line. The option --action-string ToggleView(1) does not seem to have an
>> effect on pcb. (Yet another bug?)
>
> That's what the --layer-stack option is for.

How would I use this option?
What is the syntax of a layer stack? I can't find neither in the manual.
( http://pcb.sourceforge.net/pcb-20081128/pcb.html )
Seems like the description of options is completely out of date in the
manual. By the way, where can I access your shiny new pcb HOWTO?

> Amusingly enough, that's kinda intentional.  The exporters deal with
> copper layers, so turning off layer 1 turns off all the copper on layer
> 1.  The "pins" you see drawn are actually from layer 2.

I see. However, there are legitimate reasons to print only certain groups
of objects. In my case, our assembler suggested to remove the tracks but
keep pads and pins. In addition, they'd like to have the pads drawn in a
different color than the pins. Since SMD components require

Maybe, I can tweak the postscript output HID to my needs. I assume, the
information which layers to print on what page is hard coded into source.
Can you point me to where this information sits?

> One thing you could try is setting the "gui" flag in the HID structure
> for EPS and see if it draws what you want.

-vv, please. I don't see a gui flag in pcb -h

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211