gEDA-user: Design a keyboard with gschem/pcb

I'm making my own "game pad" (essentially the left half of a keyboard)
with Cherry MX keyswitches.  This will involve 2 or 3 componenets per
button (keyswitch, diode, maybe a spot for a resistor to drive the in-switch
LED which is available but I have no plans to use).

I know how to make the schematic with cut'n'paste (which is not too big
a risk because it's a simple subcircuit).  Is it worth using a hierarchical
sheet for this?  Does anyone have an example?  How do the instances end
up getting numbered?  In a more complex circuit, how do you back-reference
a refdes you see in PCB to the generic subcircuit?

I'd also be curious to know if there's any magic for getting the replicas
of the subcircuits numbered properly in PCB, although I fully expect to
generate the entire initial layout with a script rather than using the GUI.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>