Re: gEDA-user: Guerilla marketing...

Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I've seen an uptick in interesting industry news and industry blog
> postings related to zero-cost as well as open-source EDA software
> recently [1].  Here are two examples:
>
> http://www.eeproductcenter.com/embedded/brief/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212902950

What's your take on this? Why does Zuken give the tool away for free? I
mean, that's almost like Costco swinging open the roll gate and allowing
everyone to take what they need and not pay a penny. They would never do
that.

I only know of one other company that gives away their schematic editor,
while you have to pay for layout and autorouter.

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/