gEDA-user: log scale DC sweeps in ngspice

I'm trying to do DC parameter sweeps in ngspice.  I'd really like to
do them in log scale, but it seems that ngspice only supports linear
scale for DC sweeps.  Over the input range I'm simulating, a linear
sweep takes far too long.  So I'm looking for a workaround.  I thought
that maybe I'd do the sweeps piecewise linear, with maybe 10 points
per decade over several decades and then combine the results.
However, I can't find any way in ngspice to concatenate two vectors.
Does anybody know of any workarounds for this depressing situation?  I
don't want to invoke any postprocessing in a different programming
language, because I'm trying to write scripts for multiple simulators
(gnucap, ngspice, qucs) that all output data in the same format.  Any
help would be appreciated.
-Alan