Re: gEDA-user: teardrop compiling installation

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 10:29 -0500, vinny wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 18:50 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> > > On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 12:12 -0500, vinny wrote:
> > Nahh!!! Go for it Stefan!
> >
> > Building linux packages has become very standardized and in learning
> > build gEDA you'll learn general principles rather than throw away
type
> > of information.
> >    1. Download the source
> >    1.5 unzip source
> >    2. ./configure
> >    2.5 if missing libraries install them and return to 2. patiently
> >    3. make
> >    3.5 su
> >    4. make install
> >    5. ldconfig
> > Well, it's probably not quite that easy, but if things go well it is
> > nearly that easy. This applies to nearly every source code package
> > implementation due to standardization.
> >
> > disclaimer: this is only a general note and I have no experience
with
> > the teardrop plugin, and only just recently installed gEDA from
source.

> >  - Tim
> >
> Thanks for some step by step explanation, I will try as soon as I
> finished the present project. I will need to uninstall the present pcb
> installation which I installed from the one that comes with
> distributions. Thank you again to all.
>
> Vinny

Thank you Tim for push me to give the try, I downloaded the PCB package
compiled and installed then compiled teardrops and now every thing
works.
I have a question for teardrops expert, I applied to my present job and
found that some pin did didn't get the teardrop because the trace wasn't
properly connected I corrected and then reentered the teardrops command.
I then turned off the pads layer and notice that several pins had a
double teardrop is this normal? or I caused by reentering the command
few times?
Is there the way to remove the teardrops if extensive correction need to
be made on layout? if not I suppose that this operation must be done as
a very last step.
Vinny