Re: gEDA-user: Schematic Capture to dxf File - using gEDA, Inkscape, and pstoedit

>CO2 laser is the wrong wavelength to cut metal.  Only a couple percent of the radiation is absorbed. Great for plastics, though, and many other materials.  With respect to >PCB etching, one thing I've thought about but haven't yet tried is simply using paint.  Apply a thin code of flat black paint as a resist (I'm guessing enamel would work best) >and let the laser ablate the paint where you want to etch.

We already use commercial grade pre-photosensitized FR4 laminate, so
doing painting and such is not needed.  My only concern was that there
might be issues of the wave-lengths between the LASER and the laminate
being miss-matched, but if the process is actually based on heat then
it is a non-issue.