Re: gEDA-user: Reacquainting to geda and pcb

   No, I know the difference between newlib footprints and m4.  I worded
   my question badly.
   I've gone through the gschem2pcb tutorial but my question is if I'm
   creating a schematic in gschem and for each component you should have
   .fp file located in a folder for each footprint in my design why does
   PCB have a library of footprints?  Do I really need a .fp file for each
   footprint or only the custom footprints that aren't in PCB's library
   that I make up?