Re: gEDA-user: Browsing the source code...

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 08:54 -0500, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> I just noticed on the gEDA Launchpad page
> (https://code.launchpad.net/geda) that it says:
>
> You can browse the source code for the development focus branch or get
> a copy of the branch using the command:
>    bzr branch lp:geda

That is a branch which tracks our git repository. We could turn it off,
but it will be handy, as it "should" allow us to track translation
changes in the code-base as they happen in Launchpad translations. (If /
when we start using that for PCB).

> Shouldn't that be
>   git clone git://git.gpleda.org/gaf.git

You are correct, certainly for developers - but the developers know
this ;). If someone does get the code from bzr, it doesn't hurt too
much, just an extra layer of indirection. I would add a note to the page
stating to get the code from git... only that doesn't seem to be
possible.

LP doesn't support git natively, Canonical use, develop, love, and
generally adore bzr, and I got the feeling native git support for
Launchpad was not only not on their TODO list.. but that they would
probably not want it even if someone wrote the "patch". (Patch being a
euphemism for quite a lot of code).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,