gEDA-user: Building PCB

Hello all,

first of all, thanks to the people helping me to set polygon clearance. This works, at least for small clearances. Clearances bigger than about 0.5 mm let pcb die or create very odd results, though. As the PCB coming with Ubuntu 10.10 is pretty old, I tried to build from source:

$ sudo apt-get install intltool flex libgd2-xpm-dev
$ git clone git://git.gpleda.org/pcb.git pcb
$ cd pcb
$ ./autogen.sh
Checking autopoint version...
./autogen.sh: 18: autopoint: not found

Running autopoint...
./autogen.sh: 33: autopoint: not found
(no configure created here)
$ autoconf  # <-- the INSTALL doc says so
configure.ac:6: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
(... and a few more ...)
$ ./configure --prefix="${PWD}/../pcb_Installation" --disable-doc
./configure: line 2245: syntax error near unexpected token `1.9'
./configure: line 2245: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(1.9)'
$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.67

As you can see I'm undecided wether to use ./autogen.sh or autoconf. Has somebody similar experiences? Perhaps a solution?

Thanks,
Markus

P.S.: Yes, I had the build process working on the previous version of Ubuntu, but can't see what's different now.

Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/