Re: gEDA-user: FYI [Fwd: [Balloon] Balloon 4]

Peter Clifton wrote:

>> It is intended that these will be published in Altium format as that
>> is the CAD package of choice for the design process.

Why not geda in the first place?

>> However we will also explore the possibility of publishing the files
>> for one of the Open ECAD packages such as gEDA.

How would the conversion be performed?

>> The BOHL will be modified to encompass this change and the onus will
>> be on organisations that decide to use the Balloon 4 design to make
>> the instantiations they create Open and available for purchase.

Those who use the schematics are required to make the resulting device
available for purchase? How would this be enforced?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx