Re: gEDA-user: going multi core

If the new system is anything like this list, you should expect
a significant slowdown as the CPUs argue amongst themselves
as to who gets to do what, when and how not to do something.

I have not seen a significant advantage to single process geda tools
execution. I suspect that some of the backend graphics might benefit.
It is while doing long CPU intensive operations (FPGA synthesis) having
the other cores free is really appreciated.

George