gEDA-user: is it possible to back-annotate a gschem schematic with a netlist?

I don't think I've seen this question addressed in the list archives... is
it possible to take any sort of netlist fragment and make a rudimentary
gschem schematic from it?

I realize that I'd have a rats-nest of nets and components to place
(similar to starting a PCB design from a netlist), but I'm looking for a
way to basically disperse the components on the schematic to make it
easier to sort things out.

I have a few reasons for wanting to do this-- the most down-to-earth being
that I have a set of scripts that create netlists for PADS PowerLogic to
automate schematic capture of FPGAs and their associated pin names (as
obtained from the output of the FPGA vendor's place-and-route tools).

Another potential application (also borrowed from PADS) is to enable
component renumbering based on location on a PCB, or other such ECO-style
changes (back-annotation, basically).

--
Charles Lepple <clepple@ghz.cc>
http://www.ghz.cc/charles/