gEDA-user: Symbol name convention?

From the Archives:

>I did rename them
>so that they follow the -# convention (the -# suffix allows for multiple
>symbols for the same device) and I made all the names lowercase (with
>the exception of letters which are part of the part name).

I'm creating symbols for the Zilog Z8+ family

Parts come in multiple packages.  For example the Z8F1602 could be
in in a 64 or 68 pin package.

I'd like to name them Z8F1602-64 and -68.  Is that a bad idea?
Convention seem to be -1 and -2 etc. but that doesn't really tell
which one is which by looking at the file name.

Which conflicts with this advice from the web site:

--
                     http://www.softwaresafety.net/
      http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/