gEDA-user: Re: Free Technology

> > > 2) Write the first book on "Open Source Physical Computing Tools".
> >
> > I don't like the term "Open Source" because it means only the sources
> > are open and nothing more. What is most interesting for me is when the
> > design is free (libre).
>
> The problem is, the word 'free' automatically makes people think
> "zero-cost".  It's a word that is dangerously overloaded.  The whole
> phrase, "Open Source", came about almost entirely because of this
> problem.

It doesn't matter when people think "zero-cost" with Free Technology. Free
Technology is not only Libre Technology but also Zero Cost Technology. It means
you get the knowledge (the technology) for zero cost.

For example, on Ronja project, downloading the technology (the
building guide) costs you nothing.

Cl<